Sunday 22 April 2012

Let's start at the very beginning...

Well this is it, my first blog, so I guess you're owed an explanation. There are a few things in my life that I haven't done that gnaw at the back of my mind. One is, to write a book. Various people at various times have suggested that I should give it a go. For one reason or another I have always demurred. Sometimes because I though they didn't have a clue about what they were saying, it must be said, but mainly because I'm not convinced I have the staying power to see a book through. At last, someone with greater wits suggested I blog and just see where it takes me. A blog can be as short or as long, as deep or as shallow as suits the author, and that, I think, suits me.
In a couple of days I start a trip to Israel & Palestine. I hope to be more than a tourist and to become a pilgrim. I hope also to blog, whenever time and an Internet connection allow, and to keep on blogging when I return.
For now, a quote from the great bearded wonder, Dr Rowan Williams; "A pilgrimage that is more than pious tourism is always going to take us a bit closer to the cross and resurrection, because that's what lies at the centre of wherever we go in the company of Christ. And one of the things that's distinctive about pilgrimage to the Holy Land is the experience of being 'in the company' of the soil and weather and sky that Jesus knew. So, if we're willing to take part and absorb that, part of what happens is entering further into what we all hope and pray for - to be taken into the life of Jesus."
Just let me know if I get a little too pompous or narcissistic, okay?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment